Thursday, September 8, 2011

Artichoke Tea...Does it work for acne?


Well after watching SecretLifeOfaBioNerd youtube video. I had to try this remedy out. I should have known about this tea since it is a specialty of Đà Lạt, Vietnam. It's called Atisô there and the market is for dried artichoke tea. However as the youtube video suggested you can make your own fresh artichoke tea. After watching, I got in my car in the ween early morning hours and bought some. I made a batch with 1 gallon of water for 1 full artichoke. I boiled for the artichoke in the water until a rolling to which I turn the temperature to low and waited twenty minutes. After that I extracted the artichokes and at them or made them into a dip. I found I prefer just the artichoke as is. I let the tea cool down to room temperature and stored in the refrigerator. For the most part I followed her directions, but I was lenient with it. I don't like my tea hot or even slightly hot, I like it cold or just close to room temperature. After drinking this tea for a week I took a break in-between of drinking just water. I did drink a little bit of water during tea week but more of the tea than water. Then I resumed tea week and repeated this until now. So it has been 1 month of doing this and my skin has improved. I was breaking out hardcore and I'm not one to be like oh I have three small pimples, these were cystic hormonal acne all along my cheeks almost to my temples. You know the place where you put blush all across there. I never wore make up or used harsh cleaning methods. It's because my skin was dry and oily at the same time. I would try to wash it with water morning and night. I left my face pretty much alone so I knew it was the tea that helped. This tea is suppose to improve digestion and tone your liver. The thing with acne is that if you use face wash products or DIY masks and it doesn't seem to help much then more than likely the problem is internal. I'm not a big junk foodie as in I never eat candy or drink sweet drinks even fruit juices. I eat a balance diet and drink just tea and water, but my acne was still there. I'm not saying this tea is a miracle cure. I'm just saying it worked to help me with my break out. Basically, your liver gets rid of toxins and if it's overloaded or "sick" it can cause break outs and same goes with the digestive system. If you can't break down food properly and rid your body of solid waste it just ends up showing on your face. I will continue this tea because while I feel I'm healthy (I'm only 21), I think that any one could use a boost to their system.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! How did this treatment went? Did the artichoke help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! How did this treatment went? Did the artichoke help?

    ReplyDelete