Friday, May 17, 2013

Acne: my approach

Red text for red inflammation Joking aside, having acne in all of its incarnations suck. From the minor bumps here or there to the full on cystic painful pustules. Yeah, I'm not going to show a picture of what my acne looks like because it can be the occasional to the long months of hormonal acne. In this post, I'll be sharing with you what I do to help my skin calm down because there are no quick fixes for these angry buggers. In the end though this is a cosmetic thing. I know for someone who is covered in acne to say it is merely cosmetic is a bit insensitive, but the truth is it has to do with you. It seems like a cop out to tell someone to be confident in their appearance when they obviously have something on their skin. You are still you and fabulous might I add. Others who are worth it will see you for you. Alrighty, pep talk over on to the stuff.

1.Moods-Improving your stress is one way to combat acne. In general, it is good to find peace of mind. Go meditate, listen to calming music, a good soak in the tub, spa days, hobbies, etc...These all work to improve overall mood. 
2.Exercise-Oh the dreaded work out. Exercise can be your friend. It pumps your body up and at the same time improves mood, health, and detoxify. All good benefits for clearing skin.
3.Natural facial treatments-I try to stay on the natural route. Some of the ways to treat acne can be as natural as the foods in your fridge. Fruits and vegetables are not only good for the body but on the skin as well. There are various recipes online of natural facial masks that taste good and feel great on your skin. Also, steaming with essential oils or adding essential oils to facial products can aid in clearing skin. Do away with unnatural products as  most of the time they treat the surface only. For those suffering from internal problems, adding toxic chemicals on your face only worsens the acne.
4.Hormonal checkups-This is more relevant to the ladies, but some guys have this problem . Doesn't hurt to check up with a professional on what is really going on. If it is a hormonal acne then there are treatments that can improve skin quality. For those tight on cash there are herbal remedies for acne. If you don't have a green thumb or just don't want the hassle you can try herbal blends already on the market. Much more gentle on your body and can be longer lasting.
5.Sleep-Yeah all that time your mom and dad been hounding you about sleep they are right. Sleep can do wanders for the skin. Not resting your body basically stresses you out physically. It can show on your skin so rest up.
6.Water-Stay hydrated. Water can cleanse your body if you drink it enough. There also is  this thing on water only fast to cleanse your skin. Now it is not a permanent solution though you can have clear skin in a week or so of doing it. In the end, if you do it long enough you can reprogram your body to  health food. Now for those with unhealthy cravings this can be a good thing.
7.Foods-Some people may have a sensitivity to various foods that aggravate their skin. I mean for me milk was a problem and so was white flour. I also find that if I eat things high in salt or sugar and high caffeine I break out more. When I eat more fruits and vegetables I feel better. It goes with out saying that what you put into your body is very important. Try organic wholesome foods for clearing up acne. Maybe a raw food diet is in order.
8.Products-I use the Mario Badescu's drying lotion for overnight treatment of pimples. You know the ones already there. It keeps me from picking my face and so helps the ugly things go away sooner. I also use various teas such as the triple leaf detox and sugar balance teas.  Other teas I find useful are chamomile, linden blossom, and artichoke tea. One at a time don't go drinking all of this at once.



No comments:

Post a Comment