Saturday, May 18, 2013

Sinus infection...ways to help

      Allergies make me want to rip off my face. I don't have sinus pressure but I have reoccurring sinus infections that leave my nose clogged and ears ringing every time I sneeze. I am a chain sneezer with a raw nose. Anyways, that is not why I'm writing. Here are some of the things I do to combat my sinus infections.
      1. I rinse my nose out with salt water. Plain old table salt in a bit of warm water or cold and you just
           slowly inhale it through your nose. I mean gently unless you want to drink some of it and have it
           burn all the way through. It may sting but it helps to disinfect. Do this a couple of times and make
           sure to rinse again with some water so you don't have salt deposits in your nose.

      2. Essential oil steam bowl. I just put a couple of drops of peppermint oil into a bowl of above room
           temperature water and put a towel over my head close my eyes and inhale. It clears my nose right
           up. It may burn you so don't put your face or eyes too close. I use peppermint to put here (shown on
           diagram where the pencil is point). Yes right there on the crease. Also find a product called
           eagle brand medicated oil and put it there clears you right up. 
       3. Neti pot there are a lot of information out on this so check it out to find more information. Basically,
           nasal pot with saline solution used to flush out the sinus cavity. This will work on congestion and aid
           with breathing.
   
      4. Teas! I drink all sorts of herbal mixtures. One I would suggest is Yerba Mate tea. Yerba Mate taste
          sweet and grassy. It helps me with my allergies then again I also drink ginger tea as well. Fresh
          ginger root is an all around immune booster and  acts as an anti-histamine while Yerba Mate fights
          inflammation. Both are good for combating allergies brought on my seasonal changes.

     5. If all else fails break out the drugs. I never want to resort to medications though when it gets
         unbearable one little 24 hour pill gives me allergy relief. I use loratadine. Works like a charm.

     6. Use a humidifier. I use a ultrasonic cool mist humidifier to keep my nose from becoming too dry.
         Good for raw nasal passages. With my sinus infection not only do I get congestion and runny nose but
         also nose bleeds from the dry patches. It is gross I know.

These are some of the things I do to relieve myself of sinus infections associated with allergies. Keep your sinus clean and the symptoms down with these remedies. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment